Today I’m starting a new series on technology and social media. How it affects us as women. How it affects us as moms. How it affects our kids. And how in the world are we supposed to balance all this? Because it’s definitely not going away! Today I’m starting with a sneak peek behind my recent decision to take a year-long social media hiatus.
10 problems that come with technology and social media:
- The direct link to anxiety and depression and anxiety, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), impulsive disorder, problems with mental functioning, paranoia, and loneliness.
- The time suck
- The dangers of connecting with people in a private setting
- The addictive quality of every app and website.
- The life-sucking quality of people’s comments that people feel the freedom to leave when they are safely and anonymously hidden behind a computer screen.
- Sharing our kids’ entire lives online before they even have an opportunity to refuse it.
- Isolation from real-life relationships and the complete loss of social skills.
- False and “easy” sense of connecting.
- Information overload
To be entered into a drawing to win a free copy of Here Now, by Kate Merrick (the U.S. only–offer ends 10/17/19!),
1. Leave a review on Apple Podcasts (formerly known as iTunes)
Share The Balanced Momcast (any episode) with a friend!
2. Email me at email@example.com to let me know you left a review or shared the podcast.
I’ll contact the winner via email. (U.S. only, offer ends 10/17/19)
Buy your own copy of Here Now (affiliate link)
Listen to the whole series on Overwhelm, Depression, and Anxiety, in Episodes 16-20
Listen to the message I preached at my church about Choosing Life in Episodes 12 and 13
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more balance stuff at thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest
To help you find balance with social media and all other things, get Finding Your Balance, an 11-Lesson Bible Study.