Ep 111: What “Apart From Me You Can Do Nothing” Actually Means
What does it mean when Jesus said, “Apart from me you can do nothing”?
- Who are these people?
- Are they really doing nothing?
- Am I one of these people?
- Are you one of these people?
Welcome to my Summer Replay Series! I’m rerunning a series that first aired in Feb-March 2020 on Abiding in Christ (John 15). This replay series begins with EP108 and this is Part 4. Be sure to go back and listen from the beginning.
Scriptures we Read in This Episode:
I Corinthians 13:1-3
Truths about abiding in Christ:
- God wants your heart
- God wants you to obey his word
- God wants you to love
- God wants you to focus on abiding, not on bearing fruit
What abiding in Christ is NOT:
- doing more stuff
- trying harder
- void of activity or effort
Apart from Christ, you can do nothing of eternal value
Apart from Christ means
- your heart does not belong to Jesus, though you say all the right things
- you hear the word of God but don’t obey it
- you do the right things, but you do it without love for God or others
I bought my “abide” bracelet here.
Receive email updates from me!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the Voice in My Head God or Just Me? is available on Amazon for $19.99
Finding Your Balance is available on Amazon for $14.99
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest
What “Apart From Me You Can Do Nothing” Actually MeansI am no longer active on social media.