It’s January and that means a fresh start and new goals for the year. According to Forbes, 80% of New Year’s Resolutions will be abandoned by February. Why is that? And what can we do so we don’t become part of that statistic? Today I welcome back to the podcast my friend Mary K. Tiller. And in Part 1 of our conversation, we share with you our favorite strategies for building healthy habits and routines that stick. Listen in.
Top 4 Reasons Resolutions Fail:
- Unrealistic goals
- Not keeping track of progress
- Forgetting resolutions
- Too many resolutions
Strategies that work!
- Habit stacking/Habit pairing
- Start small and build as you grow
- Don’t create unnecessary barriers
- Don’t commit to something that requires money until you are sure you will stick with it
- Reward yourself for reaching milestones
- Avoid all or nothing thinking
- Set yourself up for success/make your new habit convenient
- Create barriers to help stop bad habits
- Plan for disruptions in your new routine
- Keep track of your progress
- Take advantage of a Clean Slate (you have a clean slate every new day!!)
Connect with Mary K. Tiller!
Instagram: @MaryKathrynTiller and @newmerciesformoms
Grab your BFF and start a new Bible Study in January! Here are two of my favorites! *wink wink*
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest
I am no longer active on social media.