Ep 81: 5 Questions to Ask Yourself When You Can’t Hear God
Throughout the Bible we see God speaking to His people: through prophets and disciples, through nature and circumstances, through His law and His spirit, and most profoundly through the living and breathing Word of God, Jesus Christ. Undeniably, God speaks. If we are not experiencing this beautiful and life-giving truth of Scripture in our own lives, then we should figure out why. So, today I’m giving you 5 questions to ask yourself when you can’t hear God.
1. Am I seeking a relationship with God? Or am I just seeking His provision or His direction?
2. Am I immersing myself in God’s word? Or do I let days, weeks, or months to go by before I pick up my Bible?
3. Am I making room in my life for God to speak to me? Or am I constantly filling my mind with information and my days with activity?
4. Am I approaching God with a posture of humility? Or am I expecting God to speak to me on my terms?
5. Am I walking in obedience to what I already know to be true? Or has God already told me what to do and I haven’t yet obeyed?
The content of this episode is from my new book, Is the Voice in My Head God, or Just Me?
Coming next week: Sometimes we can’t hear God because He’s not speaking! Learn some of the reasons God may not be saying anything.
Do you want to lead a group through this study? Do you want to go through a virtual study with me? To be the first to hear about these and all things related to the release of Is the Voice in My Head God, or Just Me? releases, click here
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest