One of the most common ways God will speak to you is through other people. When God spoke through people in the Old Testament it was almost exclusively through prophets. But in the New Testament, He uses the members of the church to speak to others for Him…that’s you and me! This is both exciting and terrifying, depending on who is talking and what they’re saying. But take heart, we can always look to God’s written word for guidance and that’s exactly what we are doing today.
Follow along in Exodus 18 as we extract the following insights:
- God will orchestrate the scenarios for godly people to speak into your life.
- God will use people who love God and love you to speak into your life.
- Even when you are in the center of God’s will, you could be missing something and need someone to help you out.
- It’s unwise to continually go to the same person, over and over, to hear God for you.
- A true God-fearing, God-hearing person will have a heartfelt concern for you, your physical and emotional well being, for your relationship with the Lord and for the good of the Church as a whole.
- A God-fearing, God-hearing person will point you to God. This person will also be helpful in identifying and defining your purpose and role in the Body of Christ.
- God places different people in our lives at various levels of authority to speak at different times and for different purposes.
- Everyone benefits when we obey the voice of God.
- If God uses someone to speak into your life, obey.
- A real God-fearing, God-hearing person will know when to say goodbye.
The content of this episode is from my new book, Is the Voice in My Head God, or Just Me?
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest