Ep 130: Less Stress and More Joy This Thanksgiving with Chef Char Nolan
We are one week away from what is arguably the biggest cooking day of the year: Thanksgiving. And I have a treat for you. I’ve invited my friend Char Nolan to join me today. Char is a wife and a mom, but she is also a professional chef. And she’s here to bestow upon us her decades of wisdom, both personally and professionally, in the kitchen and out. If you want less stress and more joy this holiday season, you’ll love this episode with my friend Char Nolan.
Tips for a Less Stressful Thanksgiving (aka, the family will feel the tension we emit)
- Ask yourself, how can we make this easier?
- Delegate side dishes to guests
- Buy store-bought sides and plate them/garnish them beautifully
- Assign tasks to kids
- Shop off-peak time
- Use grocery pick up
- Make whatever you can in advance
- Ask the family what they actually want and only cook that
Tips for cooking any time and for life in general:
- Batch cook: cook for a whole Sunday and eat all week
- Save money and the environment by only buying whole produce and cut up at home
- Put that phone down
- Be as good as you can be to yourself
- Learn to say no so you don’t overcommit
My 2021 Holiday Gift Guide for the Home Chef
Connect with Char Nolan on Instagram @char_nolan
Order Holiday Meals from Whole Foods Market
Create Your Holiday To-Don’t List Printable Worksheets
Listen to EP128 for the explanation of the Holiday To-Don’t List
Need a Christmas gift for that woman in your life? How ’bout these?
Finding Your Balance is available on Amazon for $14.99
Is the Voice in My Head God or Just Me? is available on Amazon for $19.99
To hear other holiday episodes from 2019:
EP28 “How to Spend Less at Christmas”
EP29 “Setting Boundaries Around Your Time and Relationships.”
To learn more about me, visit my About Me page
Receive email updates from me!
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest
I am no longer active on social media.