Ep 71: Overcoming Perfectionism
We are in the middle of a series on Balance Barriers. Last week (EP 70), I introduced you to the barrier of Perfectionism. As a recovering perfectionist myself, I am here to help you overcome this barrier in your own life. Today we discuss 5 things you can do beginning today to overcome the barrier of perfectionism.
3 Things Perfectionism is NOT
- Being detail-oriented, organized, thorough
- “Perfect” as described in Matthew 5:48
5 Steps to Overcome Perfectionism
- Identify your roots
- Forgive those people who demanded perfection from you as a child
- Distance yourself from controlling relationships
- Establish new habits
- Set a timer
- 5 minutes-5 things
- Replace faulty thought patterns
For an in-depth study of this and all the balance barriers read Finding Your Balance.
Please nominate me for the Top Moms in Podcasting!
Email me at email@example.com with prayer requests! I will pray for you during this COVID-19 quarantine. 🙂
Finding Your Balance is available on Amazon for $14.99
Receive email updates from me!
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest