You know I love me some tips and tricks and balance hacks. But the most beneficial thing I can teach you to help you achieve and maintain balance now and for the rest of your life is how to hear the voice of God. He alone can tell you what you should be focusing on and what you can lay down for a season…or forever. He alone can give you the peace you are seeking. This is Part 1 of a new series based on my newest book, Is the Voice in My Head God or Just Me?
If you were to read all the way through the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation with an eye to understand WHY God spoke to people, you would see God’s purpose fall into one or more of these 8 categories:
- God wants you to know the truth about who He is.
- God wants you to know the truth about who you are.
- God wants you to know the truth about others and who they are.
- God wants you to know what to do to further His kingdom.
- God wants to tell you how and why to avoid sin (and whether or not you’re in sin).
- God wants to tell you what He is doing.
- God wants your heart to be transformed into His image.
- God wants you to glorify His name.
After you understand WHY God speaks, you can also learn HOW God speaks. Of course, God can speak however He wants, but the following 6 ways are the most common ways we see Him speak in the Bible…and also to you.
1. God speaks first and foremost through His word
2. God speaks directly to your heart
3. God speaks through other people
4. God speaks through circumstances/open and closed doors
5. God speaks through nature
6. God speaks through dreams and visions
Links Mentioned in this Episode:How We Got the Bible, by Timothy Paul Jones PhDWhy Should I Trust the Bible? by Timothy Paul Jones PhD(affiliate links)
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest
Note: I am currently on a social media hiatus