Ep 8: How to Have a Balanced Body Image
I believe it’s possible to have a healthy, well-balanced, accurate, truthful, godly, self-image that challenges us to take good care of our physical body without shame and self-hate.
On this episode, I try to articulate for you what a healthy body image looks like and how you can achieve it.
Why do women have poor body image?
There are dozens of reasons, but here are a few of the biggies.
- things spoken to you as a child
- weight fluctuations over the years
- spiritual attack
What can we do about it?
- Ask God to show you what you look like to Him.
- Declare your body a “no hate zone.”
- Pray against the enemy specifically in this area.
- Look at social media, TV, and magazines with a critical eye.
- Focus on what your body can do and has done.
- Change the way you talk
- Make healthy choices that focus on good habits and routines, not outcomes.
Buy the ebook 25 Little Things You Can Do to Reach Your Fitness Goals
Finding Your Balance is available on Amazon for $14.99
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest. For the sake of balance, I am no longer on social media
Email me at email@example.com