Ep 62: What Happens to Christians Who Don’t Produce Fruit?
In EP61 I introduced you to our new series based on John 15: Abide. If you haven’t listened to that episode yet, do that first! Today I will introduce you to the Cast of Characters and the 5 Branches, but we will discuss in detail the branch in Christ that does not bear fruit. What is it? How does it get that way? What happens to it?
Cast of Characters:
1. Jesus is the Vine
2 The Father is the Vinedresser/Gardener
3. We are the Branches
- Branch in Christ that does not bear fruit
- Branch in Christ that bears fruit
- Branch in Christ that bears more fruit
- Branch in Christ that bears much fruit
- Branch not in Christ
What does the Vinedresser do to the branch in Christ that does not bear fruit? He picks it up, cleans it off, and ties it up on a trellis or a fence
- for air circulation
- for exposure to sun
- for full access
Why does a branch not produce fruit?
- Not connected to the Vine–we will talk about this one in a later episode
- Young branch–The Father just lets you grow (The parable in Luke 13:5-9)
- Disease or mites–The Father will try to remove the disease (sin) from you through discipline. See Deut 8:5, Hebrews 12, Rom 8:28
- Improper pruning–we will talk about this one in EP63
NOT ALL PAIN IS DISCIPLINE! Sometimes pain and suffering is because of someone else’s sin! Abuse is NEVER discipline.
6 Strategies for Staying Calm When Your Child is Freaking Out
I bought my “abide” bracelet here.
Receive email updates from me!
Email me at email@example.com
Finding Your Balance is available on Amazon for $14.99
My blog: thescooponbalance.com
Follow me on Pinterest