My biggest balance struggle, hands down, is the propensity to become easily overwhelmed. I would venture to say that it’s something I struggle with almost every day. And this is precisely why my passion is to help overwhelmed, frazzled moms find peace. Because I get you…I AM you! This morning as I was working through all the possible reasons I could be feeling overwhelmed (again!) I thought maybe you’d would benefit from this as well. So, today, I’m offering you 10 possible reasons you may be overwhelmed. This episode is for me, but also for you.
10 Reasons You May Feel Overwhelmed
- You said yes to something you shouldn’t be doing.
- You need to quit something, delegate something, or do a regular task more efficiently.
- You underestimate the time it takes you to do your tasks.
- You do not keep a daily calendar or to-do list.
- Your to-do list is over-ambitious.
- You do the easy tasks first to get the quick win but leave your big, deep, essential work for when you feel tired and depleted.
- You allow interruptions.
- You spend too much time on social media and/or consuming news.
- You have not established good routines.
- You are not practicing a weekly sabbath.
For a deep dive into to-do lists listen to EP5
For a deep dive into routines listen to EP7
Want to lead a group through either of these Bible studies? Don’t forget to grab the Free Supplemental Leader Guide!
Have a question or comment? email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am no longer on social media.