For all of you who stuck with me during the Storm Series, you deserve some sort of Blog-Reader’s award. I know that series was NOT an easy read. Bless you. Bless you. Bless you.
And for those of you who had to skim the posts or take a little break from my blog, I completely understand. Remember, I was the one who warned you about that back here.
Of course, now that it’s over, I’ve thought of ten more things I want to tell you about what God spoke to me during my storms. But don’t worry. I won’t. At least not now. Maybe someday, we’ll do a God Speaks Through the Storm- THE SEQUEL! Good stories always end with sequel potential. Like the Bourne Identity. Yeah. Just like The Bourne Identity. Or Rocky. Well, Rocky took the sequel thing a little too far, don’t you think?
But for now, I know it’s time to segue into something new. Something fresh. Something that doesn’t have to do with depression and/or death. Something that won’t leave you snotting up your keyboard every time you come here.
The problem is, I’m not quite sure where we’re going next. It’s not that I can’t think of anything else to write. If you’ve been around my blog for any length of time, you know that even when I don’t have anything to write, I’ve got something to write. Like here and here.
But I don’t want to write just anything. From day one on this blog, I’ve always wanted it to be about what God leads me to write. Nothing more. Nothing less. And in every single post, I want to inspire you in some way to hear the voice of God more clearly in your own life. In order to accomplish this, I must be certain to hear the voice of God clearly in MY life.
You’ll be relieved to know, I feel God drawing me in closely to Him. Every time I take a break from the busyness of life long enough to breathe a prayer of thanks, I sense Him wooing me to linger there. Every time I crack open His word to consume my daily bread, I feel excitement welling up in me.
I know He is speaking to me. I just don’t know what.
I know He is leading me somewhere. I’m just not sure where.
I totally don’t know where God is taking me (or us!) next.
And I’m OK with that. I actually love these times. It’s like a little adventure. It’s liking cracking the code. Putting together a puzzle. Searching for hidden treasure.
Here’s what I know for sure:
1. My kids have three days of school left and then summer begins.
2. My kids have already dubbed this summer, “The Best Summer Ever.” Maybe they know something that I don’t.
3. We are headed to the beach the minute school is out. And God ALWAYS speaks to me at the beach.
4. I have two book proposals to get ready for the She Speaks Conference, and dude, if God doesn’t help me with them, there will be no published book with my name on it. At least not this year.
5. My husband and my daughter have suddenly decided that we are moving to a new house with enough land for my daughter to have a horse. My husband keeps e-mailing me MLS info sheets on houses. As if we don’t sleep in the same bed.
6. Every time I sit down to work on this blog or to communicate with one of you, I feel the smile of God.
7. This is my “Year of Yes.”
Now, how all of that translates into our next series—or my next post—or when in the world I will be finding time in “The Best Summer Ever” to write on this blog (or apparently get my house read to sell!)—I have no clue.
I just know it’s going to be awesome, because God’s hand is on it.