If you are coming over from one of my former blogs, you may have noticed I no longer have a blog roll.
I did that on purpose. Here’s why:
1. It was too hard to keep up with it. Bloggers take breaks. Bloggers stop blogging. Bloggers start writing uninteresting posts. Bloggers change direction or write things I would never recommend. Bloggers move their URLs to completely new sites and change their names altogether (whatEVER!). Truth be told: I barely have time to keep up with my laundry. So, keeping the dead/uninteresting/offensive/ever-changing links off my list is is super LOW on my list of priorities.
2. The list doesn’t really reflect who I’m reading at any given moment. I find new blogs all the time. I unsubscribe from blogs I no longer read. I would love to always have an updated list of blogs. But again–priorities.
3. I don’t think most of you really looked at my blog roll. I’d rather feature my favorite writers by way of a direct link to a great post or through a guest post. It’s more personal. It drives more traffic to my favorite blogs. If you were on that blogroll, please take this as a compliment. I really want you to get more readers from me.
I plan to publish a weekly list of great reads around the blogosphere. Hopefully, you’ll see something here that you like, click on it, and share it. Please tell them I sent you.
Here’s this week’s picks.
1. This is Life. (and I’m not sorry) by Megan at Sorta Crunchy. Megan explains why she’s not apologizing when people get a glimpse of her authentic, messy life—not even to her impromptu guests. Just before I read this post, I caught myself apologizing to the electrician for my messy basement! It was the storage area, for crying out loud. What do I have to apologize for? Storing items in our storage area? Sheesh! I need help. Let’s just say, this post reminded me I do NOT need to apologize for living in my house–not to the electrician. Not to anyone. I felt a little lighter after reading this post.
2. Tips for Better Blogging: Show Your Face by Katelyn at Katelyn Brooke Blog. Katelyn is the lovely lady who designed my new blog (Thank you, Katelyn!!). She also has a great blog of her own–and in this post she explains why and how you can get your little picture to show up next to your name when you leave a comment. (I would, personally LOVE to see all your faces there–so get over to Katelyn’s blog and learn how to do it!)
3. How to Edit Your Life by Glynnis Whitwer. This post fits in perfectly with all this talk on balance. Glynnis (a writer and editor) talks to all ye who are overwhelmed. She explains how to take control of your schedule by applying some simple rules of editing.
4. On Unsweet Aromas by Missy at It’s Almost Naptime. Oh my goodness…Missy makes me laugh. I have 2 words for you: Van smells. So gross and so funny.
Happy Weekend, Everyone!