Ep 107: “Help Me Create an Easy Meal Plan!”
Your family eats every day, several times a day, whether you like it or not. Today I share my philosophy on cooking and a simple 4-step process for easy meal-planning. This is the last episode in our series on organization. Listen in.
The benefits of meal-planning:
- You will serve more nutritious meals–because when you’re cooking on the fly you are much more prone to just grab drive-through food or eat something processed.
- You will save money–shopping off a meal plan, especially if you are mindful to incorporate food on sale and produce in season, is always less expensive than running into the store at 4 pm and grabbing stuff quickly off the end caps of the grocery store aisle. And definitely cheaper than ordering last-minute take-out.
- You will save time–a little planning on the front end means better use of your time overall.
- You will waste less food–when you effectively meal plan you will only buy produce you need and you can proactively incorporate leftovers into meals throughout the week.
Step 1: Look at your whole week and figure out what you have going on each evening.
Step 2: Write out seven dinners at the top of the grocery list
Step 3: Create a grocery list directly from that list of meals
Step 4: Assign each day a meal, but wait until the night before.
1. Plan dinners only.
2. Eat the same things for breakfast and lunch until you get sick of it.
3. Serve a salad every night as your side
4. Cook enough for 2-3 days and serve it different ways.
5. Plan for “easy nights”
6. Have a regular “clean out the fridge” night.
7. Use that crockpot!
For a list of plant-based meal ideas, click here
For great crockpot recipes, check out my friend Stephanie’s blog!
Looking for a simple vinaigrette for your nightly salad? Here’s mine
Part of this episode was taken from a blog post I wrote back in 2012. If you’d like to read that, it’s here.
Links from previous episodes in this series:
(Some of these are affiliate links. This means that if you click the link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.)
Colorful Storage Bins for Kids’ Rooms
Storage Bins for Kids’ Paper and Projects
Deco Brothers 3-Tier Expandable Cabinet Shelves
These Chalkboard Sticker Labels are so cute!
Simple Affordable Folding Step Stool
Set of 60 White Plastic Hangers (my favorite kind)
Pack of Six Pretty Polkadot 3 Ring Binders
Pack of 4 Pretty Solid-Colored 3 Ring Binders
Kathy Lipp’s Clutter-Free Academy
Becoming Minimalist Website
40 Bags in 40 Day Decluttering Challenge
The More of Less, by Joshua Becker
The Minimalist Home, by Joshua Becker
Clutter-Free with Kids, by Joshua Becker
Cozy Minimalist Home, by Myquillyn Smith
If you have tried any of these tips, tell me about it! Shoot me an email at email@example.com
Is the Voice in My Head God or Just Me? (my latest book)
Finding Your Balance (my first book)
Want to lead a group through either of these Bible studies? Don’t forget to grab the Free Supplemental Leader Guide!
To stay in the loop about everything, be sure to be on my email list.