Five Things That Put A Smile on My Face Today
1. God’s creativity. He doesn’t just possess creativity, He IS creativity. God never runs out of ideas, options or alternatives. With God, the possibilities are infinite. When I consider this same God lives inside me and wants to create stuff through me, it simply blows my mind.
2. The 3-Lane-Slip and Slide Racer thing I bought at Target yesterday. Combine with a backyard, a water hose and 3 giggly children for instant summer bliss.
3. An upcoming lunch date with my husband while Candace, the babysitter, oversees the 3-Lane-Slip and Slide Racer in the backyard with the water hose and 3 giggly children.
4. Candace, the babysitter, who has watched and loved my children since she was 14-years-old, happens to be home from college for the summer and available to come over and love my children while I have lunch with my husband and the kids slip and slide in summer bliss.
5. My new high efficiency washer and dryer. Who knew anyone could completely dry a giant load of beach towels in 30 minutes? Not quite as mind-blowing as God’s creativity, but it is pretty wacky.
What’s putting a smile on your face today?
What makes me smile today: My husband kissing me (TWICE)goodbye before he left for work; my son enjoying the French toast I made him for bfast; the rabbit I saw in the front yard; the sun streaming through the blinds; visiting your blog before anyone else's this morning.
What makes me smile is seeing my usually very stoic son, Michael, smile and get excited about playing football for the first time. What makes me smile is seeing my vegetable garden sprout up so my family and I will be able to eat as much fresh, healthy food as we want this summer.
The very fact there is such a thing as a 3 lane slip and slide racer makes me smile! I will have to look into that so that I may have 3 giggly children as well! The 4th one will have to wait a couple of years before she can giggle about the slip and slide.
A few things I'm smiling about this morning: 1. It's looking like my hubby will be signing a new client for our small business this afternoon.
2. My best friend passed court to adopt her son from Ethiopia. He's officially HER BABY (and her hubby's 😉 They go get him next month!
3. My kids have been sick for 5 days, and I'm smiling because the end has to be near! Or I've finally snapped and I'm smiling over this one so I don't cry. =)
It's so good to enjoy the little God-stops in the everyday! Thanks for this post, Sandy! What's putting a smile on my face today? God's goodness and His love for me! My amazing husband and daughter! The opportunity to write and catch up on everyone's blogs!! God bless! 🙂
hi.. just dropping by here… have a nice day! http://kantahanan.blogspot.com/
haha, yah who knew that a washer and dryer could make a mom sooooo happy!
and wat makes Charlie smile~
– the sun
– no school
– the pool
– our backyard
– GRILLED CHEESE!
Watching children enjoy a simple backyard birthday party: streamers, water balloons, a game of tag, a homemade cake and best friends.
All of your posts made me smile in a big way. Thank you.