1. I actually like my coffee with almond milk and agave nectar.
2. I do not, however, like almond milk on my cereal.
3. I miss eating a bowl of cereal.
4. Mashed cauliflower tastes almost exactly like lumpy mashed potatoes.
5. But potatoes are also vegan, so I don’t need a potato substitute.
6. I do not like Silk yogurt and neither does my 3 year old.
7. Ordering vegan in restaurants isn’t as difficult as I thought it would be.
8. Of course, I live in Louisville where there are approximately 56 vegan-friendly restaurants.
9. Eating vegan takes all the guilt out of eating.
10. The salad/hot food bar at Whole Foods is a vegan’s friend. I want to live there.
11. People are more accommodating to your dietary preferences when you say “I’m vegan” instead of “I’m on a diet” or “I’m trying to eat healthy.” You should try it.
12. Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread is delicious. Tastes just like butter. But it’s not.
13. I haven’t had that “oh…I ate way too much” feeling in over two weeks.
14. I have to admit, I miss pizza with real cheese and ice cream, though not enough to take a bite. Yet.
15. I’m soooooo glad peanut butter is vegan. Thank you, Lord. Seriously.
16. I know the day will come when I will want to make a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. And I probably will.
17. I’m having a bit of a hard time reconciling taking fish oil supplements, but not eating fish.
18. I do not like Nutritional Yeast on my popcorn, and I’m not even sure why I bought it. I can hear you all asking, “What is Nutritional Yeast?” I really don’t know.
I'm planning on trying Whole Foods tomorrow….hold onto the checkbook!! (But I'm excited to see what it's all about:)
Just found your blog & I like it! And yes, now I'm wondering what nutritional yeast it and why on earth you'd ever want to put it on your popcorn. Salt and pepper, yes… cinnamon when you really need something extra but YEAST? *shudder*