1. I actually like my coffee with almond milk and agave nectar.
2. I do not, however, like almond milk on my cereal.
3. I miss eating a bowl of cereal.
4. Mashed cauliflower tastes almost exactly like lumpy mashed potatoes.
5. But potatoes are also vegan, so I don’t need a potato substitute.
6. I do not like Silk yogurt and neither does my 3 year old.
7. Ordering vegan in restaurants isn’t as difficult as I thought it would be.
8. Of course, I live in Louisville where there are approximately 56 vegan-friendly restaurants.
9. Eating vegan takes all the guilt out of eating.
10. The salad/hot food bar at Whole Foods is a vegan’s friend. I want to live there.
11. People are more accommodating to your dietary preferences when you say “I’m vegan” instead of “I’m on a diet” or “I’m trying to eat healthy.” You should try it.
12. Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread is delicious. Tastes just like butter. But it’s not.
13. I haven’t had that “oh…I ate way too much” feeling in over two weeks.
14. I have to admit, I miss pizza with real cheese and ice cream, though not enough to take a bite. Yet.
15. I’m soooooo glad peanut butter is vegan. Thank you, Lord. Seriously.
16. I know the day will come when I will want to make a pot of homemade chicken noodle soup. And I probably will.
17. I’m having a bit of a hard time reconciling taking fish oil supplements, but not eating fish.
18. I do not like Nutritional Yeast on my popcorn, and I’m not even sure why I bought it. I can hear you all asking, “What is Nutritional Yeast?” I really don’t know.